Email 154: Worried Wife

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 7:45 AM

Dear Pozziepinoy,

I would just like to know if there will be limitations if you are HIV positive already eg., applying for job especially when they ask for a medical certificate... Does this include having AIDS/HIV test? How about migrating in other country? Would they be discriminatory also and not accept your application?


My husband is HIV positive and I had myself tested too but haven't gotten the results yet...I'm really scared of the result =(

Even my husband is in denial about his sickness and haven't been back to XXX for the meds... I really don't know how to handle the situation right now...

XXX



POZZIEPINOY’S RESPONSE


Hi XXX.

Thank you for your email. Thank you for finding my blog.

In the Philippines, there are no limitations when it comes to work. HIV test is not required for employment here. In the pre-employment screening, HIV Test is not included as it is against the law to have mandatory testing so you have nothing to worry  about. 

With regards to migration to other countries, there are some countries that would require HIV. Check out this link: HIV Travel Restrictions

I am glad that you and your husband already got tested. I know it is scary but at least you have done the right step in being responsible for your health. Let's just hope for the best.

I am worried about your husband though. He needs to go back to his doctor in the hub and follow everything what he or she tells him to do. He needs to be responsible for himself and for you. Tell him that if he delays getting his meds or ARV's, it might be more costly for you guys as the overall cost of having infections can drain your finances. When I got sick from pneumonia, I spent almost P500,000 for only 9 days of confinement. We didn't have insurance and good thing we have savings so Tag and I paid everything in cash. However it still drained us. Also, I stopped working so it was only Tag who was working then for us. Really there are great repercussions to getting these infections so please tell him what I told you. Tell him to be strong and accept his condition so he can go on with his life with good health.

I hope I was able to answer your concerns. Feel free to email me again if you have other questions.


Stay healthy,
Pozziepinoy


"WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER.
NO PLHIV is alone with his or her struggle with HIV!"

-Pozziepinoy-


© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012

Credits: