World AIDS Day: What It Means To Me

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 4:44 AM

"My bestfriend, C, who passed away earlier this year had been diagnosed with HIV a year ago. I don't know if I'm the only one whom he had told about his illness back then because I was there when he was tested and got the result. However, he just ignored it and continued on with his life. So many times have I attempted to encourage him to undergo treatment, but quite hesitated to do so coz' of the fear that he might just get depressed again. But my failure to help him out ended up in a more tragic situation later on. 

The guilt feeling sometimes is still eating me up, although, I know for sure that he is already with our Creator. 

Please do continue to support PLHIV's to promote their health to the fullest. For the advocates, please do encourage more people, especially the high risk group to let themselves be tested and be treated should the tests turn out positive. 

World AIDS Day is a reminder that everyone must be aware of this worldwide pandemic. We cannot afford to lose another life just because of  ignorance, apathy and hesitation.

Godless."

Nar

Friend of PLHIV