Email 314: Health Certificate

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 7:55 PM

Good Pm Pozie. 

I just want to ask if I can get a medical certificate to any doctor of RITM-ARG Alabang where I am enrolled because I would like to quit my job. I am a teacher in one of the schools in Cainta and I have a 1 year  contract with them. If ever I can't finish the contract I will pay the 30,000 pesos  bond which is very big for me. I am actually in Good condition I believe but I would like to quit the job because I want to rest and focus on my health with a very low CD4.

Is it possible to ask for a certificate to them stating that I am not  physically fit to work and needs long time rest but not disclosing my real condition and write an “alibi”? With that I think I have the right to resign without paying the 30K bond. I hope you can help me with this Pozzie.

Thanks in advance.



POZZIEPINOY’S RESPONSE


Hi.

Thank you for your email.

RITM-ARG gives out health certificates for FREE. However, in my honest opinion, I don't think that the doctors and staff can furnish you with a certificate with an "alibi" that you are not fit to work, if you yourself have mentioned that you are in "good condition". Of course, if you are really not fit to work, then everything will show up in your hub records but you, yourself know that you are in great shape. 

For your sake and to be factual, I called Elizabeth Navo, the adminstrative officer of RITM-ARG and she told me these things:

1. They have not encountered a case like yours who will request a healthl certificate saying that "you are not fit to work" even though you are in "good condition". She added those who are not fit to work are those who already have infections and who have problems at work because of their infections. Although your CD4 is low (and is taking ARV's), it doesn't mean that you are not fit to work. Although you are still prone to infections because of low CD4, you can still protect yourself from infections in your work environment. However, if you really want to request for one, then you can talk to Dr. Ditangco, the head of RITM-ARG about your problem.

2. RITM-ARG is a government hospital and is under the Department of Health. Nobody there would give an "alibi" for you to help you quit your job primarily because they don't want to be held liable, in case they will be asked to present with evidences that you are really "not fit to work".

If you really want to pursue this, then just go to RITM-ARG and ask for their advice. I know they can enlighten you and give the best advice for you.

I hope I was able to answer your concerns. Feel free to email me again if you have other questions.


Stay healthy,
Pozziepinoy







"WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER.
NO PLHIV is alone with his or her struggle with HIV!"

-Pozziepinoy-



If you have comments or questions, please click this link:






© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012

Credits: