Email 316: My Exposure, Safety of the HIV Test

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 8:09 AM

Hello

I'm very anxious and worried about my exposure... it was a brief deep kissing , breast kissing and fingering... it was a horrible thing i did and i'm so worried that i was infected by HIV becasue one reason is my brother in law is hiv+. The thought that i have the disease continue to hunt me every day and i feel everything that i have like cough, chills and fatigue is due to HIV... will you help me access my fears and if i need test?

Is the RITM safe i mean is there no incidence that the nidle use to test were re-used to others and in so doing infected others patients and is there a time that the result were switched?

Thank You God Bless...

XXX

POZZIEPINOY’S RESPONSE


Hi XXX.

Thank you for your email.

To answer your worries, please refer to my previous blog entries:

1.  HIV Risks

All clinics are safe. However, we still have to do our part. If you are scared of the needle being infected, then make sure that the one who is going to draw blood from you removes the needle or syringe from the package right in front of you. Also, switching may happen if the nurse or medical technologist don't label it correctly so make sure to check the thing that was written on the test tube. If you are still doubtful, then go get another HIV test from another clinic but still do the same.

I hope I was able to answer your concerns. Feel free to email me again if you have other questions.


Stay healthy,
Pozziepinoy




"WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER.
NO PLHIV is alone with his or her struggle with HIV!"

-Pozziepinoy-



If you have comments or questions, please click this link:






© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012

Credits: