PLHIV Story: How the SET Changed My Life

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 8:22 AM


Good day Mr. Pozziepinoy!!

I would like to share lang my HIV st0ry.hehe. Please call me na lang 'dre', i was diagn0sed as hiv  last march 3, 2013 sa ritm satellite clinic, at first i was s0 paran0id, depressed, iyak ng iyak..although i knew it already na it is p0ssible na mgng positive ung result because of being sexually active.. Akala k0 madali ko na lang sya matatanggap, ang hirap pala,ang daming pumapasok sa isip mu, gul0ng gulo ak0 nun time na yun.pero kailangan k0 mag m0ve 0n kaya pri0r to the day i was diagn0sed, i went to ritm-arg just t0 take up my baseline test...i felt nervous kasi it was my perstym dun.,naging 0k naman lahat, pero blanko pa din ak0, buti na lang anjan ung nag c0uncil sa akn at ginagabayan nya ak0...after 4 hrs. Dr. Ditangco talked to me about myself, nag kwento ak0 s knya about sa buhay k0 bago nya sinabi sa akin yung cd4 counts which is n0t t0 low, n0t t0 high,.nasa sa akin daw if mag start na ba ak0 nang arv treatment, which is sinabi k0 na hindi k0
pa alam...that time kc natatakot ak0 s mga naririnig k0 about the side effects of taking up arv.. Bef0re ak0 umuwi nun ive heard kc ab0ut SELF EMPOWERMENT TRAINING.. and i asked kuya b0bby if i can join..he did n0t refused naman...



in my first 2 weeks 0f being hiv , nagiging paran0id ak0. Iniiisip k0 panu ak0 after 5 yrs? 10 yrs.? Kasi until n0w i d0nt have en0ugh courage to discl0sed my c0ndit0n sa family k0..even my sexual 0rientati0n hindi pa rin nila alam...but after attending SET,nagbago lahat yung pananaw k0 bilang PLHIV, hindi pa pala ito yung katapusan bagkus nagsisimula pa lang ak0 sa bag0ng chapter ng buhay k0, siguro nga may hiv ak0 ngay0n pero naisip k0 eto yung naging way ni God para magbago, magbalik l0ob sa Kanya, maging resp0nsable sa lahat..Actually im still lucky pa rin kasi malakas pa ak0 unlike sa ibang PLHIV na nagsusuffered ng malalang sakit...ang dapat k0 lang gawin ay maging malakas pa,wag hayaang matalo ak0 ng hiv virus na yan
kasi kung lalo kung iisipin na may hiv ak0,lalo ak0ng magkakasakit.  Marami ak0ng natutunan pa sa pag attend k0 ng SET kaya iniencourage ko yung mga makakabasa nito na umatend kay0. S0brang mag iiba talaga pananaw ny0 plus new friends...sa ngay0n masasabi k0 na swerte ak0 sa kanila kasi willing silang gabayan ak0, tulungan sa abot ng kanilang makakaya. After SET i was brave en0ugh to take na ng ARV kaya i am pr0ud na sabihin na its my 2nd week na sa arv. Wala pa naman ak0 nararamdaman kakaiba regarding sa side effect except dun sa efav na nagiging lasing ak0 after 2hrs of taking.
Back t0 n0rmal na, Bumalik na ulit ang dati k0ng sigla. I was able to go na ulet sa gym..na dating k0 nang ginagawa.and sana magtuloy tuloy pa ang G0od vibes....

Thanks mr. Pozziepin0y and m0re power..!


TRANSLATION


Good day Mr. Pozziepinoy!!

I would like to share my HIV story hehe. Please just call me “Dre”. I was diagnosed to have HIV last March 3, 2013 in RITM Satellite Clinic. At first I was so paranoid, depressed and cried a lot. Although I somehow knew that it was possible that the result may be positive because of being sexually active. I thought it would be easy for me to accept it but it was hard. A lot of things entered my mind. I was so confused at that time I but I felt the need to move on. Prior to the day that I went to RITM-ARG to take my baseline tests, I felt nervous because it was my first time to go there. Everything turned out fine, but my mind was still blank. Good thing the one who counseled me was there and guided me. After four hours, Dr. Ditangco talked to me about myself. I told her my life story before she told me that my CD4 count was both not too high and not too low and it was up to me if I want to take ARV treatment. I told her I still don’t know because at that time I was scared of the side effects from what I heard from others. Before I came home, I heard about the SELF EMPOWERMENT TRAINING (SET) and I asked kuya Bobby if I can join it. He didn’t refuse me

In my first 2 weeks of a PLHIV I became paranoid. I started thinking of will happen to me after 5 years or 10 years, because at that time I still didn’t have the courage to disclose my condition to my family. They still didn’t know about my sexual orientation. But after attending the SET, my perspective as a PLHIV changed. I found out that it wasn’t the end, but I was just starting a new chapter of my life. I may have HIV now but I thought maybe this is the way for me change, to come back to God and be responsible to everything. I realized that I am still lucky because I am physically strong unlike the other PLHIV’s who are suffering from serious infections. What I need to do now is to be strong not be defeated by the HIV because if I would always think and focus on having HIV, I would get sicker.

I learned a lot when I attended the SET so I am encouraging everyone who is reading this to attend it. Your perspective will really change and you will also gain new friends. Up to now, I can say that I am lucky to have them because they are all willing to guide me, to assist me. After the SET I was able to take the courage to start my ARV treatment and I am proud to say that I am already on my 2nd week of the treatment. I haven’t felt anything different or side effects except the one from efavirenz that I feel drunk after 2 hours of taking it.

I am back to normal. My vigor came back again. I was able to go back to the gym which I used to do. I wish that the good vibes will continue on.

Thanks Mr. Pozziepinoy and more power..!





"WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER.
NO PLHIV is alone with his or her struggle with HIV!"

-Pozziepinoy-



If you have comments or questions, please click this link:






© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012

Credits: