Email 329: What Should I Do?

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 9:36 AM

Hello!

I was diagnosed na reactive ako sa HIV-1 and 2 sa RITM MALATE. They said under confirmatory test pa ako is it possible na maging non-reactive ang confirmatory test ko? BTW  I think ako ang pinaka batang may HIV I'm just 18years old (you can show my age) nag start lang ang sexual encounters ko nung 17 lang ako and ngayon eto nag reactive ako sa HIV hindi ko alam ang gagawin ko saan ako mag uumpisa. Sana makahanap ako ng mga taong may ganto din at makakasuporta sa akin. Sana hindi pa huli ang lahat para sa aking buhay madami pa akong plano sa pamilya ko at sa sarili ko. In other side thankful ako dahil maaga pa lang na diagnosed na agad ako at may time pa ako for treating it and changing my lifestyle. Ano po pwede kong gawin? Marami pong salamat. God bless. 

XXX,18, Cavite. 



TRANSLATION

Hello!

I was diagnosed reacyive with HIV-1 and 2 in RITM Malate. They said that I am still under confirmatory test. Is it possible that the confirmatory test will turn out non-reactive? BTW, I think that I am the youngest PLHIV. I am just 18 years old (you can show my age). My sexual encounters started when I was 17 and now that I turned out to be reactive to HIV I don't know what to do and where to start. I hope I can find people who has the same condition and who can give me support. I hope that it's not too late yet as I have a lot of plans for my family and for myself. On the other side, I am thankful that I was diagnosed early and I have the time to get treatment and to change my lifestyle. What should I do now? Thank you so much. God bless!

XXX, 18, Cavite




POZZIEPINOY’S RESPONSE


Hi XXX.

Thank you for your email. Thank you for finding the blog and I hope that you will find all the answers that you need here.

I am glad that you took the initiative to take the test. Even though you are still 18 years old, you are acting matured and responsible already and I am so proud of you. You are also handling your situation with the strength that others don't have so just keep it up. I know, for sure, that clinging to that strength of character will help you with your new HIV journey.

Now let's go to the steps that you need to take. The HIV test in RITM Satellite Clinic is already 99% accurate so you don't have to wait for any confirmatory test. I don't know why your HIV counselor didn't tell you that the next step for you now is to go to any HIV/AIDS Treatment Hub. In RITM ARG in Alabang, the HIV result that you have right now is enough for you to be enrolled in the hub. All you have to do is to present that to either Maram or Let in ARG and tell them that I sent you there so they can assist you with all the baseline tests.

You can also start reading about these topics, while deciding when you need to go to the hub:


NEXT STEPS:

11. Choosing the Best Hub
12. Choosing a Private HIV Doctor
13. Choosing Hub


HOPE and POSITIVISM


By the way, you are not the youngest PLHIV. We have encountered babies and toddlers. The Love Fund has already helped a 3 year old and a 4 year old for their milk formulas and diapers. Also, I have assisted that 16 year old PLHIV's too.


I hope I was able to answer your concerns. Feel free to email me again if you have other questions.



Stay healthy,
Pozziepinoy






"WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER.
NO PLHIV is alone with his or her struggle with HIV!"

-Pozziepinoy-



If you have comments or questions, please click this link:






© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012

Credits: