Flu Shot and Dr. Tayzon

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 7:14 PM

Today I went to The Medical City and saw my previous infectious disease doctor, Dr. Tayzon. Last night I texted her about the new flu shot and she told me that she will administer it to me. I informed Dr. Ditangco about it and she said that I need the yearly flu shot and gave me the go signal.

I came to Dr. Tayzon's clinic this morning for the flu shot. She was so impressed about my CD4 (537 now) and my VL being undetectable. She said she was so surprised how fast I recovered and she said these were the result of my positive attitude and my eagerness to get well fast. I guess she really knows me well. She was the one who saved my life when I got confined in TMC for pneumonia and I really owe that to her.

We chatted for an hour and a half and I shared everything that I have been doing when it comes to my new mission in life. I told her about the blog and how successful it is in reaching out to a lot PLHIV's. I told her how my knowledge matured when it comes to HIV and now, I have become an online HIV counsellor. I told her about The Love Fund and how Dr. Ditangco and I have partnered in helping the indigent PLHIV's through both TLF and PCSO. She was so glad that my HIV journey has led me to not only being healthy physically but has brought me to another place which is more fulfilling. I also told her about the support group that I am planning to do and she got excited about it that she was also offering a place where we can hold it so we can help a lot of PLHIV's.

Today was fulfilling. Not only did I get the flu shot but I was able to see my previous HIV doctor. I really glad I came. Another door is opening and I hope that in the coming months, my new project will materialize.









"WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER.
NO PLHIV is alone with his or her struggle with HIV!"

-Pozziepinoy-



If you have comments or questions, please click this link:






© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012

Credits: