Email 319: My Story, CD4 and Support Groups

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 10:22 AM

Hello Pozziepinoy and viewers

By the way my name is D. A 24 y/o bisexual guy.. Im living in Taguig.

My story begins in this way...

I volunteered to donate blood for my cousin, whom was infected of Dengue 6 months ago. On March 2013, I received a text re: screening test findings and talk to Dr. C or A ASAP. April 1 ( hoping it was a fools day ) I met Dr. C . She told me that I am HIV + by EIA. I was confused if western blot was included in the test. But I am sure that my blood was also referred to RITM for re check and it is also " reactive ". The pathologist urge me to have HIV test by my own.


On the same day, I rushed to Manila Social Hygiene Clinic. It was then after extraction and testing of blood, turned out to be REACTIVE. The nurse told me that they will not release my result nor they will diagnose me as HIV + . I still have to wait for another 3 weeks or more for the result of EIA, and I do not know if western blot for confirmation was included also.

I am so depressed, to the point that I never make myself expect that everything will be fine, nor " glitches " may happen ( such as false positive).

More than a year ago. I engaged with "partee" and orgy. Its late for me to know that one of whom I had a sexual contact with was rumored to be a "gift" giver. I submitted myself in HIV test yearly, though its Non Reactive, I never gave myself a room for complacency. It was then this 2013 I knew my real status.

What is hard for me now, is finding ways to disclose my status to my parents, because they expects much on me, and I am sure they will be disappointed on me and towards our future. I hideously cry and ask myself " what my future and my parents would be if they know?" murmuring on myself " How I wish I'm like a child, for I can say everything that make me sad or cry... "

Now, I am so worry about the cost of having a such. I am presently employed as a company nurse but only earns below minimum wage. It is overwhelming for me to choose
"Life or death ". I want to live longer for my parents, but if an OI eats my vigor away in coming years, I would rather choose to die so that my love one will not be burden on me.

I am grateful that at this moment, no signs nor symptoms of deteriorating immunity experience. Still doing my exercise on gym twice or thrice a week. Lucky me that I leave my work for vacation and not because sickness ( I have no sick leaves yehey ) but for how long? and ultimately for how long could I keep my job to support myself and my family?

I have a knowledge but what I need is wisdom.

Please Pozziepinoy help me to find a support group, it would be a big fight for me and to all of us...

PS: I read that one " ticket " to have an access on HIV services is a Positive  Western blot... Like what I typed before. It is not clear if the test mentioned was also included in my waiting list... If not, it is better to be tested at my own expense. I have a PhilHealth too. How much should I pay if the test would be done on RITM ARG? May you give me a glimpse on how much CD4+ cell count and Viral load cost?

(Disease process cripples, but DENIAL kills )

Thanks...

Guypozzie



POZZIEPINOY’S RESPONSE


Hi Guypozzie.

Thank you for your email. Thank you for sharing your story to me and to all the viewers.

I understand what you are feeling. It is really hard to accept the facts especially about the result of the HIV test. However, as you get empowered with all the information in the blog, with how others were able to cope up with the disease, and with the stories of people who are living their lives to fullest right now, I know soon you too will feel better. Also, the disclosure to family and friends of your HIV status will take a while and there should be no pressure. Do it when you have fully accepted your status.

Let me then answer your concerns. The reason why you are waiting for the confirmatory is because your blood test is being confirmed by the Western Blot Test in either San Lazaro or RITM. Just wait for the result.

With regards to the CD4 test, once you get the confirmatory result, just present it to the staff in RITM-ARG. The CD4 test there is FREE as well as all the baseline tests, so you don't have to worry about them. With regards to the support group, I am planning to form a structured support group for every PLHIV. I hope it will materialise soon so everybody can benefit from it.

I hope I was able to answer your concerns. Feel free to email me again if you have other questions.


Stay healthy,
Pozziepinoy





"WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER.
NO PLHIV is alone with his or her struggle with HIV!"

-Pozziepinoy-



If you have comments or questions, please click this link:






© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012

Credits: