Email 330: Negative and Want To Help

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 8:44 AM

Hi!

I wrote again in your blog! yesterday i called up my friend (a medtech) then tell her everything what i feel recently and asked her about hiv she asked me if i did undergo test i said no then she told me she can give me a test if i am willing to be tested for hiv then i said yes (with fear but the truth is in my mind i refused to go to be tested cos i cant face the truth if im positive) just to set my mind in peace and i want to settle everything before i pursue my career abroad. then she said over the phone when do we go to took the test i said if she's available by tomorrow (today) after office my heart beats so fast my hands are very cold and i dont know whats on my mind if the result turns positive i went to a pharmacy to buy a kit when the pharmacist asked me what am i going to buy i whispered on his ears ( can u give me a kit for hiv test) then after that the pharmacist wrap the kit on a white paper and went to the counter (he looks like he is trying to cover up the kit so the people will never noticed whats inside the paper ) then after that my friend and i went to her house to do the test then after a few minutes we both saw the result that i turned out negative i am so thankful that i had my test and its negative thank you pozzie because it helped me a lot this blog is so very informative about HIV/AIDS  since then when my first email i mentioned that my plan is to helped /donate for our fellow citizens who had this kind of unexpected disease now im planning for my upcoming birthday that instead to celebrate my birthday with my friends at the bar im going to save my  money and buy things or something that can help a lot to our fellow citizens

i dont have any idea what am i going to buy or donate for the foundation please answer my post (i will donate hanggang sa aking makakaya).

XXX



POZZIEPINOY’S RESPONSE

Hi XXX.

Thank you for your email again.

I am glad you already took the test. I know that it is hard at first but once you get through it, you'll find out that it was really ok. I just don't know what kind of HIV test kit you used but if it gives you peace of mind, then that is already ok with me. However, still follow the procedures in the kit manual and observe the 3 month window period if necessary to repeat the test. Also, once you calm down your nerves then you can  do the actual HIV test in any testing sites just to be sure, if you want to.

Sometimes HIV brings out the goodness in every person. I wouldn't be doing this if I wasn't infected with the virus. Now, my attitude of paying forward has been an advocacy that I will carry until the end of time and like what my psychologist friend has told me, a change of perspective, of knowing the purpose behind any obstacle, gives one wisdom and direction to self fulfilment. In your case, the promise to help has somehow put a mark in your heart and I am glad that through the blog, you are making an affirmation about it. There are a lot of PLHIV's who are in need of assistance, but of course individually we can only so much. However, if we all pool our resources, then definitely we can help a lot.

XXX, The Love Fund is a small project that provides our indigent fellow PLHIV's with medical assistance. It accepts monetary donations and medicines. You can donate money through it's bank account. If you want to donate medicines, the most needed are the prophylaxis meds: cotrimoxazole (500mg) and azithromycin (250 mg, 500 mg). Once you collected them, I can definitely meet you. You can call me at 0916-286-2066 so we can coordinate about it. I post all the beneficiaries of The Love Fund at the end of the month report here in my blog so that people will know where their donations go to, for transparency purposes.

I hope to hear from you soon and congratulations with your result. Feel free to email me again if you have other questions.


Stay healthy,
Pozziepinoy






"WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER.
NO PLHIV is alone with his or her struggle with HIV!"

-Pozziepinoy-



If you have comments or questions, please click this link:






© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012

Credits: