Email 323: Traveling to Singapore and Malaysia

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 8:04 PM

Hi! 

Last year, I booked a ticket to Singapore and Malaysia for a tour scheduled mid this year. I got tested HIV+ early this year. I've learned that these countries have strict regulations regarding entry of foreigners who are HIV+. Once proven HIV+, foreigners are immediately deported. Although HIV test is not required once arrival esp. when the stay is less than 10 days, they screen pills and medications. There is an option of getting a prescription letter from the doctor explaining that you have a chronic disease and need to take the pills daily. I'm just wondering if anyone has done this before? Were they successful in entering these countries? Or should I just cancel the whole trip? Thanks! Your blog is very informative and inspiring. 

Again, thank you!



POZZIEPINOY’S RESPONSE


Hi.

Thank you for your email.

There is no problem with touring Singapore and Malaysia if you are HIV positive. Just make sure to bring a prescription of your ARV's coming from your HIV doctor in case they would open up your luggage and see your medicines. I have been in and out of Singapore and never has immigration checked my luggage and question my pills which I bring with the rest of my over the counter meds like paracetamol, advil, imodium and all my vitamins.

I hope I was able to answer your concerns. Feel free to email me again if you have other questions.


Stay healthy,
Pozziepinoy





"WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER.
NO PLHIV is alone with his or her struggle with HIV!"

-Pozziepinoy-



If you have comments or questions, please click this link:






© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012

Credits: