Email 342: Overthinking About HIV

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 5:54 PM


Hi Pozzie,

It's me XXX, how are you, it's been a while. I don't know what to do. I'm encountering dreams that I saw when I was sleeping last February and now I'm seeing them today. I saw in my dreams that the result of the  second test is reactive. I'm very scared regarding this.
Yes I have again a sexual activity. But it is now protected. But I'm still having goosebumps regarding the test.

I'm preparing my self for the result. Although I saw the result when I was sleeping. It's reactive. But I'm still taking the test. I don't know what to do.. I'm losing hope. I don't know what to do.

XXX




POZZIEPINOY’S RESPONSE


Hi XXX.

Thanks for your email.

I know it is really scary if you don't know your final status yet, but let me say this. Overthinking is a killer and will definitely cloud your way of thinking. In your case, you are so stressed about your second test that now you don't know what to do when in fact, you really know what you can do. Focus on things that you can control and don't be overwhelmed by everything are the best solutions that I can give you. Live your life and don't think about anything until you take the second HIV test. Too much of everything will do you no good, will compromise your health, will end up with lack of sleep so please stay positive and just get busy and be productive all the time.

Life is full of challenges and I know by staying focused on the things that you can do and not overthink about things that have not happened yet, will help you get through this.

I hope I was able to answer your concerns. Feel free to email me again if you have other questions.


Stay healthy,
Pozziepinoy





"WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER.
NO PLHIV is alone with his or her struggle with HIV!"

-Pozziepinoy-



If you have comments or questions, please click this link:






© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012

Credits: