Email 324: OFW and HIV Test

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 9:20 AM
Hello Pozziepinoy.

I'm XXX. XX yrs old working here in XXX (somewhere in the middle east),,,,gusto ko sanang mag pa hiv test pag nag vacation ako next month,,,kasi XX yrs nako dito ,,,,meron naman kaming medical test dito every 2 years,,,,which is good,,,kaso im now finishing my last contract sa XXX,,,gusto ko sana mag pa test bago ako mag renew ng contract ,,,kasi mahirap kung dito pa nila ma detect kung meron ka,,,kasi youll be sent to prison,,,,tapos deretso deport with out giving you the chance to pack your belongings,,kung ano yung suot mo yun lang ang dala mo,,,ganon sila dito ka strict,,,ive passed the medical test 3 times already,,,but this time,,,,im not so sure kung ,,,,,,,,based sa mga na search ko regarding hiv,,,wala naman akong nakikitang mga simtomas or na feel,,,its just those feelings na hinde mo ma explain,,,kasi i admit im not an angel here in XXX napakaraming tukso dito ,,,SOBRANG dami nila,,,,heheheeee,,,protection,,,??? medyo mnsan nakakalimutan,,,kasi sa spur of the moment ,,,hinde mo na sya maalala,,,,or talagang nagiging stupid lang talaga ang tao pag nandyan na yung hot moment,,,,but seriously im very willing to take the test dyan sa pinas,,,is it free,,??? what will happen kung positive ang tao,,,,how long will it take to know the result,,,is it days or hours lang,,,,can i wait for the result the same day,,??/hinde ba nakakahiya at my age  to be tested,,baka naman pag nalaman nilang positive ang tao mag layuan na sila ,,,>???



actually napakarami ko pang gustong itanong sa iyo,,,sana maging constant contact tayo thru your email,,,,hanggang sa pag uwi ko dyan sa pinas next XXX,,,para mas maging prepared ako sa plano ko,,,,if you have time  ,,,you can message me sa fb account ko  XXX ,kung gusto mo add kita sa fb if you have an account ,,ikaw palang ang una kong pinagsabihan sa plano ko regarding the matter,,,nahihiya kasi ako,,,imagine at my age,,,,,ngyon pa ako nag karoon ng second thoughts regarding my status,,,kung nega  or  posi,,,,hoping to hear from you very soon,,,

Salamat Poh,,!!!!!!!

TRANSLATION

Hello Pozziepinoy.

im XXX. XX yrs old working here in XXX (somewhere in the middle east). I would like to take the HIV test when I take a vacation next month (in the Philippines). I have been here for XX years, which is good, but I am finishing my last contract in XXX. I would like to take the test before I renew my contract, but it is hard if they will detect if I have the virus here, because I will be sent to prison, then will directly deport me without giving a chance to pack your belongings. Whatever you are wearing, then that will be what you will be bringing home. That how strict they are here. I’ve passed the medical test 3 times already, but this time, I’m not so sure. Based on my researches regarding HIV, I don’t feel anything or see any symptoms. It is just that feeling that I couldn’t explain. I admit I am no angel here in XXX, and there a lot of temptations here. A lot! Protection? A little but sometimes you forget, because of the spur of the moment thing, you tend to forget it, or people are just stupid when the hot moment comes. But seriously I am very willing to take the test in the Philippines. Is it free? What will happen if the person is positive? How long will it take to know the result? Is it days or hours only? Can I wait for the result on the same day? Is it not embarrassing at my age to be tested? Maybe if people find out that I am positive, people would walk away from me?

Actually I have a lot of things to ask and I hope that we will have a constant contact through your email up to the time that I come home in the Philippines next XXX so I can be more prepared with my plans. If you have time, you can message me in my FB account. You are the only one that I told you about my plans regarding this matter. I am embarrased, imagine at my age, only now that I am having second thoughts regarding my status, if negative or positive.

Hoping to hear from you soon.

Thank you!




POZZIEPINOY’S RESPONSE


Hi XXX

Thank you for your email. Thank you for finding the blog. I hope you can find all the answers you are looking for here.

I am glad that you are making plans of taking the test here in the Philippines. I know it is difficult to take it there considering all the consequences which I already heard from other OFW from that country as well as in the other countries in the middle east. 

With regards to your questions, there are clinics that offer free HIV testing. RITM Satellite Clinic in Malate offers one. Also you can get the result in just 2 hours and the staff are very friendly, accommodating, non judgemental so you don't have to feel embarrassed about your age and the hiv test itself.

You can always email me again if you have other questions, add me in facebook (pozziepinoy) or join our group, The Red Ribbon. Will always be here, like what I have been doing to all the PLHIV's who have communicated with me through the blog.

I hope I was able to answer your concerns. Feel free to email me again if you have other questions.


Stay healthy,
Pozziepinoy






"WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER.
NO PLHIV is alone with his or her struggle with HIV!"

-Pozziepinoy-



If you have comments or questions, please click this link:






© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012

Credits: