Email 131: New Pozzie Needs Direction

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 7:57 PM

Dear Pozzie,

I have been reading your blog since yesterday and it is indeed informative.

I am an HIV+ bi guy and was diagnosed of HIV only last week. There is nothing I can do right now but move forward and make sure I will always be healthy. Therefore, I want to know the next steps I should take.

I also want to share my good experience at RITM Sattelite Clinic in Malate. The crew was friendly and very accommodating. Thanks to a guy who did the counselling for me. I have found a new friend in him.

I have not felt anthing unusual these days and I must say I feel good despite the fact I was diagnosed of this dreadful disease. But I would like to be positive anout what my life from now on will become.

I have not told anyone about my health condition except my bestfriend since college and an ex girlfriend who works in XXX. I have a boyfriend and we had unprotected sex before. I will feel guilty should he become a pos also. But I don't know how to let him know of my condition. I am praying to God that he didn't acquire the disease after all.

Please guide me. I also want to get in touch with the other possies who I believe can really understand my dillemmas right now. I am looking at a brighter future still and I hope to live a normal life.

Thank you,
XXX


POZZIEPINOY'S RESPONSE

Hi XXX,

Thank you for your email. Thank you for reading my blog.

I am glad that you had a good experience in RITM Satellite Clinic. Like what I said before, the staff there are friendly, accommodating, professional and non judgmental. I am glad that you were also counseled.

I am proud of you for being so positive despite your diagnosis. Having the right attitude is a powerful weapon in facing all fears and doubts that one has. Having this equips one to take the right step forward and be proactive with one's health.

Regarding your concern about your partner, it is best that he gets tested too. If you love him, you have to guide him through the test. I know it is hard but it is a responsibility that you need to do. You don't have to tell him yet about your condition unless you are already to do so. But, of course, if you can tell him in the earliest opportune time, it is wisest so he can be take the right steps early. Like what I said, tell him when you are ready, but get him tested ASAP.

You asked about your next steps. Well, you need to go to a treatment hub near you. The list of HIV/AIDS treatment hubs is on the top tab of my blog. If you opt to go to RITM-ARG in Alabang, I can assist you.

It may help you if read my previous entries about the next steps that you need to take. My blog is a collection of information so almost anything about HIV in the Philippines is here. Just use my search tab to look for topics.

I hope I was able to answer your questions. Feel free to email me again if you have other concerns.


Stay healthy,
Pozziepinoy



"WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER.
NO PLHIV is alone with his or her struggle with HIV!"

-Pozziepinoy-


© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012

Credits: