Email 203: Where To Start?

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 8:36 PM
Hello Pozziepinoy.

Last January 10 current year I got tested with HIV,,,and it turned out to be positive..hindi ko alam ang gagawin ko...ang daming tanong..gaya ng...ilang taon na lang ako mabubuhay o mabubuhay pa nga ba ako ng matagal...gusto kung sumigaw gusto kung magwala ng malaman ko yun pero sa kabila nun gawin ko man yun hindi na nun mababago ang realidad...

Ngayon hindi ko alam kung paano magsisimula paano at haharapin ang mga bagay bagay...gaya ng iba marami pa akung pangarap at lahat ng yun gusto kung matupad...

I hope for a response from you...I just need someone to talk to to keep my spirit alive.

TRANSLATION:

Last January 10 current year, I got tested for HIV, and it turned out to be positive. I didn't know what to do. I had lots of questions. Like, how long will I live or will I live for long. I want to scream. I want to freak out when I learned about it but despite this, even if I do that, I can't change reality.

Now, I don't know how to start and how to face things. Like most, I have lots of dreams and all of those, I still want to fulfill.

I hope for a response from you. I just need someone to talk to, to keep my spirit alive.


XXX



POZZIEPINOY’S RESPONSE


Hi XXX.


Thank you for your email. Thank you for finding my blog. I do hope that you will find all the answers here, learn from the experiences of others, empower you to face all struggles and to live your life to the fullest despite our disease.

I understand what you are feeling. I empathize with you. I feel where you are coming from. I know you are facing the fear of the unknown.

But let me tell you this. Your health will recover. Your dreams can still be fulfilled. Your life can be better. Easier said than done? Well I have done it so I know you too can. I was even in a worse situation before than what you are in right now. I was in my death bed because I had pneumocystiis carinii pneumonia (PCP) and had recurrent bibasal pneumonia before while you seemed to be physically well. I wasn't able to walk for 2 meters because I had pain in my chest and difficulty in breathing. But I recovered. I am back to work. I am travelling again. I doing all my hobbies. I am living my life as if nothing has happened.

I know you just got tested and reality bites. It really does at first, but the faster you accept it, the faster that you can focus on what the next steps for you will be. You need that for you to recover. You need that to start living your life. You need that so you can dream again. Always put in your mind that having HIV is not a death sentence anymore. It is more like having diabetes or hypertension that you need maintenance medicines to not aggravate it. Understand that HIV treatment is free in the country and that there are a lot of treatment hubs and HIv doctors who can help you.

What you need to do right now, is to focus and think. Focus on the future, which sets up your goal of becoming well and not succumb to infections. Then think of all the steps that you have to do to reach those goals. In my previous entries, I listed down the next steps that one has to take. You can start educating yourself by reading these entries:


Always remember that you are lucky because others have gone before you, which makes this struggle easy. The path has been paved for you and all you have to do is to take it and follow what others have done. 

You are not alone with your struggle. Start focusing on your health from now on and nothing can go wrong.

I hope I was able to answer your concerns. Feel free to email me again if you have other questions.


Stay healthy,
Pozziepinoy




"WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER.
NO PLHIV is alone with his or her struggle with HIV!"

-Pozziepinoy-






© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012

Credits: