Email 182: On Travel Restrictions

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 10:11 AM

Hello Admin, Good Day! I am 30 years of age and was diagnosed HIV positive last May 2012. I only found out the status when I was applying for a job to work as a teacher in China. Just like many individual seeking  for their future, it was a nightmare. I really wanted to work abroad to help my family. I know I can do great, I know my capacity... but all gone because of this disease. 

I am still believing that I have an opportunity abroad. Just bidding its time. Do you have any known agency here in the Philippines that accepts HIV positive? Thanks I hope you could help me with this. 

More power to you!

b0ypositive



CONTRIBUTOR'S RESPONSE

Dear b0ypositive,

Saying that the diagnosis is a nightmare is an understatement and for sure all people diagnosed with HIV can relate to you.

I believe the better question you should be asking is which countries accept HIV-positive migrants and foreign workers. Agencies require different things from applicants depending on the requirements set by the immigration office in the destination country. In your case, a negative HIV test result is required of those applying for work in China that is why your job application included an HIV test. So, in short, it is China that required you to be HIV negative, not the agency.

For information on travel restrictions on different countries, check this page: http://www.aidsmap.com/Countries-and-their-restrictions/page/1504371/. Look for countries that say "No restrictions" (example: Japan).

Spelmark
Philippine Contributor





"WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER.
NO PLHIV is alone with his or her struggle with HIV!"

-Pozziepinoy-






© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012

Credits: