Another One Got Tested!

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 8:30 PM


I received another email from XXX, who just recently got tested for HIV. Here is his experience:



----------------------------

"Hi. 

Please call me XXX. 

Because of your blog, I got to know about the HIV test. I got worried upon reading some entries because of the fear of HAVING it. I had symptoms that is associated with those that was diagnosed positive. I took the test last January 4, 2013. The RITM Satellite Clinic as you and others described turned to be very discreet, non judgemental. Prior to the test, we were given out forms to fill out and lectures on HIV/AIDS were also done by their staff. Thereafter, they are going to collect blood sample. I thought I would be prick by a syringe,instead the staff used a needle dedicated to collect a blood sample. I thought it hurts, but it was wrong. It was professionally done that I wasn't able to feel any pain when the needle is inserted and when it sucked up the blood from my veins. I really have a fear on needles. Thanks to the staff. (CAI)

The second part, is the releasing of the result. While waiting for it, I just stayed calm and relaxed. I didn't feel nervous. Until, I was called by the staff and we had a one on one in a closed room. The staff allowed me to open the result. I opened the white enveloped and read what the test says. It was very clear. You don't have to consult a doctor for him to interpret. I got HIV. I am positive from the virus. But the staff, gave words to uplift and encouraged me. He was right, it's not the end of the world. As long as you're living, there are many great things that we can do. When he(staff) mentioned about dreams and family, that's when my eyes started to shoot tears. I am scared of not being with my family. I disappointed GOD and my family. More and more tears flowed when we had a mother-and-son moment. Yes, I was with my mom.

But then, I need to be strong for my family, my dreams and be fruitful for more, more and more years ahead. I need to be healthy, delete the negative vibes, feel great and blessed for the life God gave me. And enjoy life to the fullest. And this, starts my new JOURNEY.

I want to express my heartfelt thanks to the staff of RITM-Satellite Clinic especially to LEAN. Thanks.

XXX"

-----------------------------


I am really glad that more and more are taking the HIV Test. I am glad that through this blog, we were able to encourage people to have the courage to take it. 

The mission still continues. Tell everyone that there is nothing to fear in taking the HIV. Also, those who have taken it, please share to us your experience so that others won't be scared of it.

To you XXX, keep that positivism in your heart. You are not alone in this struggle with HIV. Your journey is about to start and what I can impart to you is to have a strong belief that everything will be fine as long as you will follow all the treatment protocols that your HIV doctor will tell you. 


Stay healthy,
Pozziepinoy






"WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER.
NO PLHIV is alone with his or her struggle with HIV!"

-Pozziepinoy-





© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012

Credits: