Happy in TMC I-REACT

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 9:09 PM
Hi Pozziepinoy.

I just want to share my experience. I got HIV from my ex of 5 years. I never slept with anyone else and when we broke up, I got tested and found out I was positive. Moving forward I first felt scared but since I'm aware of the healthcare services here in the Philippines, I got my doctor at The Medical City (TMC).


From there I first went to PGH-SAGIP and finally moved to TMC's I-REACT which is nearer my place. I was happy that my doctor got the right mix the 1st try. It was Duovir and Nevirapine. My first CD4 count was 18. My doctor told me to take prophylaxis like cotrimoxazole every 3 days which was unbearable but after 3 months my CD4 went up to 124 and I had my first viral load test - it was 47/ml. So both of us were shocked as we were expecting it to be in the millions or so.

Now, I'm happy with my life as I have yet to experience any oppurtunistic diseases (I hope not) well except for a bout with colitis and herpes zoster last year and although sometimes I miss taking my ARVs on time (like late by a couple of minutes or worst by a couple of hours). I do take it on a regular basis and is used to it. My last CD4 was 3 months ago and it was a healthy 250 meaning that my meds are doing what they're supposed to do. I will be taking my 2nd viral test this month and is expecting it to be undetectable as it was already almost undetectable to begin with. Hoping for the best and hope I reach the normal count for CD4 of around 500 soon.

All of my immediate family members know my status, 2 of them are doctors which is beneficial for me as I get free checkups and vaccine like for flu or pneumonia.

Stay healthy!
Positivebuthappy


POZZIEPINOY'S RESPONSE

Hi Positivebuthappy.

Thanks for sharing your story to us. I am so happy that everything is working well for you.

Like what I always say to everyone, the HIV/AIDS Treatment hub will be your "second home" and you need to find one that will suit you best. All hubs are the same and they all serve the same purpose. However, you need to choose a hub which is very accessible to you, with a doctor that you can partner with, with efficient facilities and with readily accessible ARV's. 

In your case I am glad that you found your second home in TMC's I-REACT. I am hearing good things about that private hub but if you can share more about it please do so. We need to know all other options, all the other hubs so that others can really choose which one is best for them.

Stay healthy,
Pozziepinoy



"WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER.
NO PLHIV is alone with his or her struggle with HIV!"

-Pozziepinoy-






© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012

Credits: