Email 188: On Oral Sex

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 7:33 AM
Good Day Sir.

I just wanna ask. If I give my partner a blow job while I have a canker sore, is there a possibility that I'll have HIV ? I am not sure if my partner is negative. To tell you honestly  that was my first time and I'm really worried. I am too young to get sick :(

XXX

CONTRIBUTOR'S RESPONSE

Hello XXX.

Im glad you are curious about the risks. 

First, let's discuss how HIV can be transmitted. HIV can be found in the bodily fluids, such as blood and semen, and can be passed through blood transfusion, sharing of infected needles, unprotected anal and oral sex. Compared to unprotected anal sex, the risk of HIV infection through oral sex is low. The risk may also change depending on many factors. 

Having mouth sores or lesions can increase the risk of being infected with HIV during oral sex as fluid containing HIV (semen) may find a way into the bloodstream of an HIV negative person through an open wound or mouth sore. The level of risk may also change depending on the type of contact. The chances of acquiring HIV of an HIV negative person performing oral sex on someone with HIV, is higher compared to an HIV negative man receiving oral sex from a person with HIV. It is best to discuss this openly with your partner. 

Stay healthy,
SurvHIVor
Philippine Contributor






"WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER.
NO PLHIV is alone with his or her struggle with HIV!"

-Pozziepinoy-






© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012

Credits: