Email 217: Do It Now!

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 4:39 PM
Hi Pozziepinoy.

I think I need to undergo HIV test... I've been experiencing weird things about my health. It bothers me so much. Thank you for having a good advocacy. May God bless you and Tag.

XXX



POZZIEPINOY’S RESPONSE

Hi XXX.

Thank you for your email.

If you think that you had been exposures to the virus, please don't think anymore. Please don't wait for symptoms. Please don't waste precious time and see how your health deteriorates. Act now. Go to the nearest HIV testing site and take the test. Trust me it is a win-win situation. Here are the reasons:

1. If the result turns out to be negative, then celebrate and learn from it by not allowing yourself to be exposed again to the virus.

2. If it turns out to be positive, think of it as a blessing as you are still not in grave condition yet. Unlike me, when I first got tested, I was already in my deathbed according to my doctor as I already had pneumonia and pneumocystiis pneumonia (PCP) which is one of the opportunistic infections and one of the AIDS defining illnesses. Treatment approach is directed to both HIV and the opportunistic infection.

3. If you turn out to be positive and you are still not sick, at least treatment is not costly. Most treatment hubs offer free services and what makes HIv become costly is when one has already opportunistic infections as the treatment for these are not free anymore in the treatment hubs.

So don't wait anymore. Go and take the test ASAP. You can go to RITM Satellite Clinic in Malate if you want or any social hygiene clinics near you.

Good luck!

Stay healthy,
Pozziepinoy





"WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER.
NO PLHIV is alone with his or her struggle with HIV!"

-Pozziepinoy-






© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012

Credits: