Roger: Another PLHIV Story

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 6:06 PM
Hi Pozzie,

Just want to say thank you! Even if I don't know you personally eh lumalakas ang loob ko dahil sa mga kwento mo. I just want to share my own story. I was diagnosed positive to HIV last Nov 8, 2012 and just started my ARV meds just today, hindi pa kasi nagsink in sakin before na may sakit ako so nagtravel pako until I realized na I always feel weak at not feeling well.



Well, binabasa ko padin ung old topics from 2011 at 2012 kasi gusto ko magka knowledge pa about HIV at I must sau mixed emotions ang nararamdaman ko, may takot kasi sa side effects, lungkot kasi sa regrets at sometimes I feel alone kasi yung partner ko lang ang may alam sa status ko, hindi ko kasi masabi sa family ko sa takot. Kahit pala optimistic ka ed darating din sa point na maiiyak ka sa takot. Thank you kasi sa stories mo naiinspire ako to fight at ang sarap sa feeling kasi alam ng family mo at supported ka talaga ni Tag.

Ishare ko lang din yung story ko on how I got HIV. HIV positive kasi ang partner ko at madaming experience sa pakikipag sex sa ibang lalaki ganun din ung ex niya pero dahil nagmamahal ako eh tinanggap ko siya at nagbago naman siya since noong nagkaroon siya ng HIV, Virgin ako noong naging kami at stick to one ako sa karelasyon ko kaya laking pasasalamat niya sakin kasi narealized niya yung mga mali niya sa buhay. I had my first HIV test last January 2012 at negative naman. Masaya kami at safe talaga ang ginagawa namin kaso lagi nalang ako nagkakasakit at nakoconfine sa hospital kaya nagpatest ulit kami sa RITM naman this time last Nov 8, 2012 at positive na siya this time.. Hindi ko alam ang reaction ko parang normal lang , hindi ako naiiyak or what, that time I was apathetic, walang maramdaman....

Magulo at naging madrama lang noong nagpunta na kami sa RITM Alabang kasi ang dami naming kasamang may mg asakit din pero fight lang at di ako nawawalan ng pag-asa kasi very supportive din ung partner ko, ayos naman ang CD4 count niya so hindi siya nag gagamot.

Kaya natin to! Sana we can see you personally and I wish you well din. Thank you for this Blog Pozzie!

Thanks,
Roger (not his real name)


Translation:


Just want to say thank you! Even if I don't know you personally I getting the courage because of your stories. I just want to share my own story. I was diagnosed positive to HIV last Nov 8, 2012 and just started my ARV meds just today. It hadn't sink in before that i was sick so I even travelled until I realized that I always feel weak and not feeling well. 


Well, I am still reading your old topics from 2011 to 2012 because I want to know increase my knowledge about HIV and I must say that I have mixed emotions because I am scared of the side effects, sad and regretful and sometimes I feel alone because only my partner knows my status and I am scared to tell my family. Eventhough I am optimistic, sometimes I would just cry because of fear. Thank you because I get inspired by your stories to fight and I know you are happy because your family knows and Tag really supports you.


I would also like to share my story on how I got HIV. My partner has been HIV positive and he had a lot of experience in having sex with different men and so was his ex partner. Since I am in love, I accepted him and he changed for the better ever since he got his HIV. I was a virgin when we became us and I was always monogamous so he was thankful because he realized his mistakes in his life. I had my first HIV last January 2012 and the result turned out negative. We were happy and we were safe in what we wre doing but I always got sick and got hospitalised so I got a second test in RITM last Novemebre 8, 2012 and the result came out positive. I didn't know how to react but it was like just a normal reaction. I didn't cry, but felt apathetic, like I felt nothing.


It was crazy and dramatic when we went to RITM Alabang because there were a lot of guys who were sick then but I opted to think to just fight and I told myself that I can't lose hope because my partner is very supportive. His CD4 count was OK so he doesn't need to take ARV's yet.

We can do it! We hope that we can see you personally and I wish you well too. Thanks for this blog, Pozzie!


Thanks, 
Roger (not his real name)


POZZIEPINOY'S RESPONSE

Hi Roger.

Thank you for sharing your story to us. I do wish that others will learn from it.

I am so proud of you for taking responsibility towards your health now. You have a new "journey" and a new "life" so keep that optimism burning inside of you and stay focused. Always stay healthy and follow all the advices that you will read in the blog as this is a collection of a lot of PLHIV's, medical practitioners' experiences. Also always believe in yourself that no matter what your life will go on. 

You guys can call me at 0916-286-2066 if you guys want to talk. 

Once again, you and your partner just stay healthy and I would love to talk to you soon.

Pozziepinoy








"WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER.
NO PLHIV is alone with his or her struggle with HIV!"

-Pozziepinoy-





© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012

Credits: