Email 194: About CD4 and Rashes

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 8:58 PM
Hello Pozziepinoy.

My CD4 will be on Tuesday and I am very happy that I am now starting to love myself by accepting the fact that I am an HIV positive...I have two questions here:

1. According to the doctor the CD4 test fee is 2000.00 pesos...Is there any cheaper place to undergo this test?



2. I have recurring rashes on my neck area up to my face( some are acne) as well as my head is very itchy. What medicine do i need to take to at least minimize this rashes...

Thanks in advance! I so love this site!



POZZIEPINOY’S RESPONSE


Hi there.

Thank you for your email. Thank you for loving the blog. I am glad that you appreciate what we have been doing. Our advocacy of being online counsellors is a hard job, however with people like you who acknowledge and appreciate what me and my contributor's are doing, we all get inspired to give more of ourselves so that we can reach out to more and more people not only in the Philippines but all over the world. 

I am proud of you for having a positive outlook about your disease. Not all have your attitude and I do hope that everyone who has HIV follow what emulate you. Keep that optimism inside you and trust me, that will empower you to surpass all trials. Believe in your self, in your doctors and the medicines and everything will be alright!

With regards to your questions, let me answer them in the order that you asked them.

1. It is true that CD4 costs a lot in most HIV/AIDS Treatment hub or in private hospitals. The P2,000 that your doctor quoted you is I think, the cheapest fee for the test. However, you can get it for FREE in RITM-ARG if you are enrolled there. So either you just take it in the hospital where your doctor has referred you or get it for FREE in RITM-ARG in Alabang.

2. With regards to your rashes, it is best to consult a dermatologist. I am no doctor and I don't want to complicate your health by suggesting a medicine that I know without any doctor's recommendation. Always remember that you are already a PLHIV and no matter what you do, you must ALWAYS consult your doctor first.

I hope I was able to answer your concerns. Feel free to email me again if you have other questions.


Stay healthy,
Pozziepinoy





"WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER.
NO PLHIV is alone with his or her struggle with HIV!"

-Pozziepinoy-






© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012

Credits: