Email 207: About Oral Sex, Kissing and Being Sick!

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 9:19 AM
Hi Pozziepinoy.

I am worried. i have an affair last Dec. 24 sa isang prosti.pina bj ko lang siya at lips to lips di po ba low risk lang yun?pero by dec. 26 i felt na para trangkaso tapos lageng nahihilo i was scared kaya kung ano ano pumasok sa isip ko.hangang ngayon lageng mainit katawan ko at nahihilo. I'm from bicol planning to have a test na sana mag negative.


TRANSLATION:

I am worried. I had an affair last Dec 24 with a prostitute. I asked her/him to give me a blow job, and we just kissed. Is that low risk? But by Dec 26, I felt I had a flu, frequently dizzy. I was scared that a lot things enter my mind. Up to now, I frequently have fever at with dizziness. I'm from Bicol planning to have a test. I hope it would turn out negative.

XXX


CONTRIBUTOR'S RESPONSE


Hello Mr XXX,

It's good that you are planning to have the test soon. You are right, oral sex involves a low risk of HIV transmission compared to unprotected vaginal/anal sex. If in case the person who performed oral sex on you is positive for HIV, the chances of her passing the virus on you is very slim and may even be impossible since the virus present in saliva may be close to zero or in extremely low quantity. The symptoms of acute HIV infection may vary individually. The most common symptoms are flu-like symptoms, fever, rash, diarrhea, weight loss and generalized weakness. In most cases, however, people infected with HIV does not even experience any of the symptoms mentioned. There's no better way of knowing your status than to get tested. I hope everything turns out well for you. 


Stay healthy,
SurvHIVor
Philippine Contributor





"WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER.
NO PLHIV is alone with his or her struggle with HIV!"

-Pozziepinoy-






© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012

Credits: