Email 197: Transmission Questions

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 8:33 AM
Dear Sir Pozziepinoy,

I have sexual contact with men who also claim to be a bisexual like me...It's my first time having such sexual contact with men. I'm not sure if he is HIV positive. What we do is that is just masturbated him, him sucking me, hugging and I put my finger on his anal...Did i ever contact the disease if ever he is HIV positive...

XXX



CONTRIBUTOR'S RESPONSE


Hello Sir,

Thanks for sharing that information. First let's discuss the basics of HIV. The virus is commonly found in the blood and semen of an infected person. It can be passed via: 

1. Blood transfusion
2. Sharing of infected needles
3. By birth from an infected mother
4. Unprotected vaginal and anal sex.

 The virus needs to gain entry into the person's blood stream in order for that person to get infected. Having said that, the risk involved for you to get infected with masturbation and anal foreplay with fingers is almost zero, unless you have cuts where blood and semen might possibly get in contact with. As for oral sex, insertive fellatio meaning receiving oral sex from an infected person, involves a very low risk of infection and is almost impossible. I hope this information helps. There is no better way of knowing your status than to get tested. :) 

SurvHIVor
Philippine Contributor






"WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER.
NO PLHIV is alone with his or her struggle with HIV!"

-Pozziepinoy-





© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012

Credits: