Email 208: My Foreign National Husband Has HIV

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 11:39 AM
Hi Pozziepinoy.

I read your article just now . I am a mother of two and married to a foreign national . We'd been together for 2 years now and we always had std/vdrl and HIV test done every year. it still is a shock and like a nightmare to me as we found out last night that my husband was HIV reactive. At first I am mad and shocked. He just survived cancer 5 yrs now okay and dengue last year and now what???? An HIV ! Unbelievable... I never blamed him or God , I never asked why... I am still hoping there will be a miracle for us... 

Please help me. I need guidance as I love my husband so much that I don't want to lose him or give him up... He is old and yes he used to play with all kinds before we met as he was suicidal at that time when we met due to his cancer sickness. I helped him to battle his cancer and now he is doing well, but here again came a nightmare for us.... 

Please help..

Thank you.

XXX



POZZIEPINOY’S RESPONSE


Hi XXX.

Thank you for your email. Thank you for finding my blog. It is serves as a resource of information about HIV here in the Philippines.

I understand what you are feeling right now.  I know it is painful one one finds out about a loved one having HIV. But your love for your husband is strong and let that love give him strength, one more time, like how you caped him with love's strength during his fight with cancer. You need to be strong for him and I know with both of you being there side by side, this fight with easy, will be just an easy one. 

I can easily say that based on my own experience. Since I was diagnosed with HIV, my partner Tag, never left my side. He showed me what love really was. He made me more special. He made me realize that life is really worth fighting for. I was on my deathbed before but after 6 months, my immune system jumped up and recovered almost 700%. That for me is a miracle. 

What 's the next steps then? First you need to start empowering yourselves with the process of HIV Treatment here in the country. You can check out these blog entries that I wrote before:

1. Next Steps?
2. Complete List of Treatment Hubs
3. What To do when You Find Out That You're A Pozzie

Second, with regards to your husband, my only concern is if he has an ACR here in the country. The reason I asked is because the medicines for HIV are free here in the country because they are still subsidized by the Global Fund. There are no medicines that are available in the pharmacies all over the country. Since he is a foreign national, if he has temporary or permanent residence permit or card, he can avail of the free ARV's (medicines for HIV) in the country. If he has PhilHealth, he can avail the other benefits under the OHAT package. Please call me at 0916-286-2066. I can also refer a doctor in the country who is helping another foreign national.

I hope I was able to answer your concerns. Feel free to email me again if you have other questions.


Stay healthy,
Pozziepinoy





"WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER.
NO PLHIV is alone with his or her struggle with HIV!"

-Pozziepinoy-






© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012

Credits: