Email 200: A PLHIV From PGH-SAGIP

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 9:51 PM
Hi Pozziepinoy,

Been reading your blog entries (from start to end) for the past three days. I must say that I really learned a lot and that I am inspired big time. 

I'm scheduled next week for my 1st ARV release at PGH-SAGIP and hopefully everything will go smooth. I kept myself busy reading tweets as well to know how PLHIV's live their lives - just like a normal person. 

When I was diagnosed just recently and as far as I can remember, I just had a moment of silence and accepted the situation right away with less drama. It's not the end of the world I said to myself. I appreciate the love and efforts of my loved-ones even better. I am lucky. 

I have a loving and supportive partner and family so I guess it won't be that hard to live through all these. I've been eating a lot (gained 15lbs. In 2 months), taking supplements and vitamins religiously. I educate myself even more by reading blogs and other online entries. Whatever is available. 

I am still very positive about everything. I live life one day at a time, enjoying it with my hubby, friends and family. I hope to start working again soon. 

Kindly refer support groups and other reliable people that I can talk to. Hope to meet you soon too. 


XXX



POZZIEPINOY'S RESPONSE

Hi XXX.

Thank you for your email. Thank you reading my blog. Me and my contributors really get inspired by the wonderful words that our readers tell us. 

I am happy that you are having a positive and good perspective about the disease. I know that your health will rebound fast as long as you keep that belief in yourself, belief in your doctors and belief in the ARV's. Always have a healthy lifestyle, exercise regularly, have a good stress management plan and don't succumb to any infections.

With regards to the support group, I just opened THE RED RIBBON. It is an international online support group that will serve as a channel for people to talk, to chat and be friends with other PLHIV's and get wisdom, information and words of encouragement from counselors and health care providers. I hope you can join it and become a member soon.

Once again, thank you for sharing your story. Hope to hear from you again.


Stay healthy,
Pozziepinoy





"WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER.
NO PLHIV is alone with his or her struggle with HIV!"

-Pozziepinoy-






© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012

Credits: