Email 227: Will Take the Test!

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 4:14 PM

Hi Pozziepinoy,

My partner passed away last week. He was HIV+ and he only got tested in November 2012. We had unprotected sex in July 2011, and I already consider myself HIV+ ( though I will get myself tested on Monday in RITM-MALATE as u recommended). 


I would just like to ask you how could I get a hold of a doctor like yours which I could talk to. Sa San lazaro kasi, (In San Lazaro) my partner had to wait for more than 6 hours before he was able to speak with a doctor. Im thinking and preparing in advance because I would like to live longer. Just wanna share that after we had that unprotected sex, may tumubong extrang flesh sa dulong ari ko (an extra flesh developed on the tip of my sexual organ) and I began having penile discharge. So I assume that I'm also positive. I hope u could help me, with his death and my fear of this disease, I badly need someone who can better understand me. 

Thank you in advance,

XXX



POZZIEPINOY’S RESPONSE


Hi XXX.

Thank you for your email. Thank you for finding the blog.

I am sorry about your partner. I assumed that he was diagnosed late and infections had already set in. No matter what, I believe that he is in a better and more peaceful place now. What we can do now is to pray for his soul and for all of us to learn from his experience. 

I am glad that you already made a schedule to take the test. It is good to be proactive about your health now. I understand what you are feeling right now. It is ok to be scared but it is really better to be scared now because you are going to take the right steps and not prolong the agony.

Regarding your concern, we still don't know if you have HIV or not. Only the HIV test will tell you that so that is really the best step to take to finally know if you have the bug or not. Let us talk about the doctors and treatment once you are done with the HIV test so as not to stress you out. You can call me after the test at 0916-286-2066.

I hope I was able to answer your concerns. Feel free to email me again if you have other questions.


Stay healthy,
Pozziepinoy





"WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER.
NO PLHIV is alone with his or her struggle with HIV!"

-Pozziepinoy-






© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012

Credits: