Email 185: About Kissing and HIV

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 11:29 AM
Hi.

I think have gingivitis or a wound in my gums..and I french kissed my partner... I think he also swallowed the blood? Is it possible that if I’m positive he may be get infected? Thanks

XXX


CONTRIBUTOR'S RESPONSE

Dear visitor,

Yes, there is a remote risk of infecting your partner if blood was exchanged. Take note that I said "remote" risk, which means the risk is small (significantly smaller than having unprotected vaginal or anal sex).

But remember, you only need a small amount of virus to enter your body, specifically your bloodstream, to be HIV positive all your life. I would advise that your partner consider getting tested after 3 months just to be sure. For now, please avoid rough and deep French-kissing especially that you know you have gingivitis and blood may be leaking out of your gums. Be responsible enough to protect your partner.


Spelmark
Philippine Contributor





"WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER.
NO PLHIV is alone with his or her struggle with HIV!"

-Pozziepinoy-






© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012

Credits: