A Visit to RITM Satellite Clinic

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 9:35 PM

I am always promoting RITM Satellite Clinic in Malate, Manila as it is one of the testing sites that I know that can release both the result of the two HIV tests in just 2 hours. Because of this, no more 1 or 2 week waiting period for the confirmatory test anymore so the patient who got tested positive can directly go to the HIV/AIDS treatment hub the following day, hence no delay in the process of treatment.



Although I keep on promoting the clinic, I really haven't been to the clinic myself. I just know the staff there, namely Lean Mogol, the medical technologist who conducts the HIV test and Phil Tanpoco, Jr, the Program Coordinator and counsellor, who I both met in the last Christmas party of RITM-ARG when I dropped by to hand over the gifts from my friends and readers of the blog.

Today, after a good meal in Alabang, Tag and I decided to drop by the clinic. I want to see it for myself. I want to know if it really is easy to find it as I have frequently wrote in my entries here.

We came from Alabang and took the SLEX. We then turned left on Quirino Ave and turned right on Taft Avenue. We turned right again on the first street which is Remedios Street and turned left on Leon Guinto. And there it was, the RITM Satellite Clinic on the right side.

We parked in front and I just went inside with my goodies for the staff. I saw 4 patients waiting and Phil stood up and hugged me. There were two nurses by the front desk table. I handed Phil the goodies and he led me to the second floor, basically touring around the clinic. It was a two storey apartment type building. On the second floor there were 3 rooms. Phil led me to one vacant room and opened to other room. Lean, hurriedly came out and hugged me. He had a patient but I was able to peek through the conference room. Lean showed me his small laboratory. After a short chit chat, I decided to leave them alone and bid them good bye. 

Today is a Sunday and these people were still working, conducting the HIV Test and counselling. While most are doing their chores or resting at home, the staff of RITM Satellite Clinic were still working to serve our fellowmen. They were tirelessly giving service, giving their time and their hearts for the good of the people who are seeking their help.

As Tag and I drove home, I told myself that I am glad that I was able to see the clinic for myself. Now I can totally say that I know how easily to find it because I had been there!

If you want to get an HIV Test or STD Test in RITM Satellite Clinic, please vista this link:







"WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER.
NO PLHIV is alone with his or her struggle with HIV!"

-Pozziepinoy-






© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012

Credits: