Email 186: Scared to Get Tested

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 2:25 PM
Hi Pozziepinoy.

I'm still afraid to take the HIV test.I don't know what to do if it turns out to be positive. I've been sexually active and last year (December), I had my unprotected sex. The day after, I feel sick then few days I have colds for weeks.This is the time I look back on what I've done especially when I found this blog and it really a big eye opener to everybody.

I'm planning to go to the clinic for the test but for HPV, gonorrhea, syphilis and other STI related that might had infect me..( How much it will cost for this test?all in one test for STI/STD?)

Regards,
straightguy


POZZIEPINOY’S RESPONSE


Hi straightguy.

Thank you for your email. Thank you for reading my blog.

I know that at first it is scary to take the test especially that you know that you have exposed yourself to the virus and other sexually transmitted infections and that you are scared of finding out that you have indeed been infected. However, it is best to know your HIV and your STD status now while you still strong enough to deal with them. Also, it less costly if you get treatment now if in case you really got infected. So if I were you I take the right move and take the test. Don't think anymore, but just do what is right.

If you plan to go to RITM Satellite Clinic to be tested, you can just look for Lean or Phil. tell them that Pozziepinoy referred you. They are professional, non judgmental ande very accommodating so there is nothing to be worried about.

With regards to the cost of the tests, here are the fees:

1. HIV: FREE for MSM (men having sex with men), P500 for women and straight men
2. Gonorrhea and Clamydia tests : P1,200
3. UTI, Syphilis, hepa B: P150

I hope I was able to answer your concerns. Feel free to email me again if you have other questions.


Stay healthy,
Pozziepinoy





"WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER.
NO PLHIV is alone with his or her struggle with HIV!"

-Pozziepinoy-






© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012

Credits: