Email 222: About the CD4 Test in Manila

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 9:38 PM
Hi there,

I stumbled upon your blog and was wondering if you could help me out. Where do you suggest I get a CD4 count? This would be my first time and don't know where, or what the process is. I am from Cebu but would like to get the test in Manila. How much does it cost and how long does it take before the result can be had? I want to plan the schedule properly so that I can purchase my plane tickets.

Thank you very much

XXX

POZZIEPINOY’S RESPONSE

Hi XXX.

Thanks for your email. Thank you for finding the blog.

With regards to your question, you can get your CD4 test in the 3 government HIV/AIDS Treatment hubs and in the private HIV/AIDS treatment hubs in Metro Manila. The question is how much do you want to spend for them. If you want it for FREE, you can get it in RITM-ARG in Alabang. If you want to get it for cheap, you can get it in PGH-SAGIP or in San Lazaro Hospital. If you are willing to spend P6,000 to P12,000, you can get it in the private hospitals like Makati Medical Center, The Medical City and St. Lukes Hospital.

When it comes to the speed of the result, the CD4 test result comes out in just 3-4 hours in RITM-ARG in Alabang after the test. In PGH and in SLH, you will get the result in a couple of days up to a week. This is also true if you are getting it in the private hospitals.

Having mentioned these, it is now your choice where to get it. You can call me at 0916-286-2066 if you want to ask for more details about the treatment process here in Manila.

I hope I was able to answer your concerns. Feel free to email me again if you have other questions.


Stay healthy,
Pozziepinoy




"WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER.
NO PLHIV is alone with his or her struggle with HIV!"

-Pozziepinoy-






© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012

Credits: