Email 206: My Story

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 9:09 AM
Hi Pozzie,

I was inspired by your story in your blog and I want to share my HIV testing experience. I was tested today, at the Manila Social Hygiene, and unfortunately I got a reactive result. Currently I am waiting for my confirmatory test which is due in 2 weeks, though I am still hoping that my screening will be a false positive, I've already accepted the greater possibility of having one. I already told my family about it, and I am thankful that they will support me along the way. As for now I'm still in my asymptomatic stage and I hope that I stay that way as long as possible.

Cheers and congrats for high cd4 count.

headstrong


POZZIEPINOY’S RESPONSE


Hi headstrong.

Thank you for this email. Thank you for sharing this part of your story.

I applaud you for being courageous, first in taking the HIV test and second, in accepting the initial result. Although there is still a chance that it may turn out to be false positive, by having  the guts to tell your family about it shows great character in you. I know that no matter what the outcome will be, you will still stay strong and very optimistic.

Life with HIV is no different that the rest. Our perspective may change but overall, we are the same people, living life to the fullest and experiencing daily challenges 


Stay healthy,
Pozziepinoy




"WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER.
NO PLHIV is alone with his or her struggle with HIV!"

-Pozziepinoy-






© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012

Credits: