Email 189: OFW and ARV's

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 7:59 AM
Hi Pozziepinoy,

I am a Filipino living outside the Philippines. I am taking ARV's now and paying quite a lot for it. I will be back in the country soon. Is it possible for me to get free or discounted medicines when I return? I am a PhilHealth member. What do I need to provide? 

I am taking Stocrin and Ricovir. Are they available in the Philippines? 

Thanks so much for your help! 

XXX


POZZIEPINOY’S RESPONSE


Hi XXX.

Thank you for your email. Thank you for finding my blog.

I know how expensive the ARV's outside the Philippines are unlike here in the country where all ARV's are free as they are subsidized by the Global Fund.

Regarding your question, I asked Dr. Ditangco, the head of RITM-ARG for details. She told me that the country has your ARV's and they are for free. Stocrin is the branded efavirenz and ricovir is like truvada which are our local counterpart of tenofovir and lamivudine. She advised that if you are coming to the Philippines, you need to undergo the HIV test again here in the country to be enrolled in the HIV/AIDS treatment program before you can get  your free ARV's. 

I hope I was able to answer your concerns. Feel free to email me again if you have other questions.


Stay healthy,
Pozziepinoy





"WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER.
NO PLHIV is alone with his or her struggle with HIV!"

-Pozziepinoy-







© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012

Credits: