Email 212: HIV Doctor Issues!

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 12:19 PM
Hello Guys.

How are you? Just like many of the people here, I'm struggling but I'll keep on fighting...There's no other way but to keep alive and kicking.  


Here is my question my CD4 count is very low as of now but my doctor doesn't want me to give my medicines because her condition is to let my parents know my status first. Is that so? That  is more important than my medication and health? I told her that we can start my medicine and she keeps on insisting her condition... I told her to give me more time because our family is still not yet fully recovered with our life and I don't want to burden them with my condition. Can you please help me with this? I really want to start my medications... I told her that at the end of the day I think that my condition won't kill me but the overthinking that my parents will get worried about my condition....

Please help me! Thanks for this wonderful site!

XXX



POZZIEPINOY’S RESPONSE


Hi XXX.

Thank you for your email. Thank you for the kind words about the blog. Me and my contributors are doing good and are always inspired by our readers who always say good things about the blog and share us how they get their hope and strength from it.

I am glad that you have a very good outlook about life with HIV. Always keep that faith burning inside you.

Now with regards to your concern, I totally agree with you, that because your CD4 is very low, the priority of all HIV doctors should be to immediately provide you with the ARV's so that your immune system can rebound fast. Delaying the prescription of ARV's especially if you CD4 is below 200, not only predisposes you to opportunistic infections but also will continuously allow the infection to replicate to more dangerous levels.

Since I am no doctor, I asked Dr. Ditangco, the head of RITM-ARG about your concern and she agreed and said that all the HIV doctors can easily issue you a prescription of ARV's especially since you really need it. She even said that even though you are underage, you still can be prescribed with the ARV's especially if your CD4 is very low. She added that if you still have issues with your doctor, you can go to RITM-ARG and they can assist you with the medicines, just make sure to bring your HIV confirmatory result and all your lab test results when you drop by.

You can call me at 0916-286-2066 if you want me to assist you further. 

I hope I was able to answer your concerns. Feel free to email me again if you have other questions.


Stay healthy,
Pozziepinoy





"WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER.
NO PLHIV is alone with his or her struggle with HIV!"

-Pozziepinoy-






© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012

Credits: