Email 105: About I.R.I.S.

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 9:21 AM

Hi Pozziepinoy,

When I had my counseling session with my doctor, he told me that when the immune system becomes stronger, all possible diseases will come out. I think it is called immune reconstitution inflammatory syndrome. Prior to taking ARV's, my cd4 count was 60, but I was diagnosed negative on RPR, tuberculosis, hepa, etc. 


After one to two weeks of taking arv's, my body felt stronger and livelier. However, after a few more weeks, i felt diseases manifesting in my body. I had a flu, lung ache, genital warts, pimples, rashes, etc. and felt weaker as a result of these manifestations. I haven't taken my second CD4 count yet. 

I would like to know if i am now in the state of immune reconstitution inflammatory syndrome.

XXX


POZZIEPINOY'S RESPONSE

Hi XXX.

Thank you for your email.

I just called Dr. Ditangco, the head of RITM-ARG about your concern and she said it is hard to identify immune reconstitution inflammatory syndrome or IRIS and is even harder to explain over the internet based on your symptoms. She said only your HIV doctor can identify it, basing on your medical history. She adviced that you to go to your treatment hub and seek consult with your doctor ASAP and report your condition.

I hope I was able to provide insight. Feel free to email me again if you have other concerns.


Stay healthy,
Pozziepinoy


"WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER.
NO PLHIV is alone with his or her struggle with HIV!"

-Pozziepinoy-


© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012

Credits: