Email 89: Seeking Help

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 10:13 AM

Hi sir,

Currently I taking up ARV drugs thou we already changed the combinations twice due to allergy. Now that I'm taking lamivudine, tenvir and efavirenz, and still I'm having severe allergies in my face, neck, back ,chest and lower legs. My doctor in SAGIP can no longer change the ARV's since as for her there was no more combination that can be suggested. Sad but I hope that there is still.


Please help me. Thou my anal fissure is beginning to heal, still the allergies has replaced the agony...

Hoping that RITM Alabang could have an extension in Manila. I am AIDS stage three as I was told, and I am hopin to live a little more and experrience to have gay friends..

Thank you,
XXX


POZZIEPINOY'S REPLY

HI XXX,

Thank you for your email. 

I am concerned about you and your health. I had the same predicament before when my doctor said that I had no other choice but to switch to the 2nd line regimen. That was the time when I sought for a second opinion. That was when I switched doctors and treatment hubs.

It is your right to know your options. It is your health. It is your life.

I can help you. I had the same rashes as you are having right now. My SGPT that time even increased to 7x and like you I was so scared. That was the time that I sought a second opinion. My second doctor never changed my ARV's but she really monitored my health. Up to now I am on the first line regimen and I am so happy.

If you want my help, please email me your contacts at pozziepinoy@yahoo.com and so we can talk. 

Once again thank you for your email and feel free to email me again if you have other concerns.


Stay healthy,
Pozziepinoy



"WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER.
NO PLHIV is alone with his or her struggle with HIV!"

-Pozziepinoy-


© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012

Credits: