Email 93: Needing Medical Assistance in Pampanga

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 8:04 AM

Hi Pozziepinoy,

This the first time i saw this site and i saw an opportunity. 

I was diagnosed with HIV late October 2012. But it wasn't explained much by the doctor. that time I was having a lump in my throat and mouth sores which are, according to the doctor, are symptoms. He prescribed a medicine for me Co-Amoxiclav for my mouth sores and throat lump. I took those medicines for 7 days and they did work, only after a week of not taking the meds, my mouth sores showed up again. I was thinking of taking the medicines again only they cost too much for me. 

Is there any organizations around Pampanga who supports HIV positive individuals? Cause ever since I learned about me being positive, I was demotivated, I lost my job, and still now I'm unemployed. I haven't picked myself up. My family doesn't know about this yet that's why I'm not receiving any help from them. That's why I'm looking for an organization that can help with the treatment and also to educate me more about the virus.

I am hoping for your response please ..

XXX


POZZIEPINOY'S RESPONSE

Hi XXX.

Thank you for your email. I am glad that you were able to find my blog. It is a collection of my researches and I know you will find most of your questions here.

I am glad that you were able to take the HIV test. Im a proud of you for that. A lot of people are still embarrassed and or scared to take it, but taking it is a step to being responsible to yourself.

Regarding your concern, the best way is to ask first your doctor if you can continue taking your previous medicine. Our doctors are our partners so we should always communicate with them for all our medical concerns especially about the medicines (and supplements) that we are taking. We need to be transparent with them as they don't want to complicate matters.

I don't know any specific organizations in Pampanga that assist patients who are seeking medical assistance. I bet there is. You can also coordinate with your doctor for medical documents and seek the assistance of PhilHealth (if you are a member) or even PCSO if the your medicines are expensive.

However, you need to slowly start asking for help from your family since you don't have a way of financially helping yourself at the moment. You need to open up to them so you can get rid of your infections fast. That is one big step that you have to take and once you get their support, your self confidence will come back and trust me, you will brush off the dirt and start to stand up again and live your life. Always think that this is your life and you need to get all the support that you can get, but you need to accept your disease first and by accepting it, you need to be able to share it with your loved ones. They are, first and foremost, your support group. I know it is hard to disclose to your family, but since you need help now, it is better to do it. 

I hope I was able to answer your concern. Please email me again if you have other questions.


Stay healthy,
Pozziepinoy


"WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER.
NO PLHIV is alone with his or her struggle with HIV!"

-Pozziepinoy-


© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012

Credits: