"Spiderman's Fight"

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 3:58 PM

Ate Beth of RITM-ARG, two weeks ago texted me about the 28 year old, unemployed "Spiderman". She told me about this new patient who went to RITM-ARG, who was referred by a Self Empowerment Training (SET) participant. She met him in the clinic, with body rashes and blurred vision. Ate Beth said that her chest tightened up when he saw him being assisted by his 70 year old aunt as he had no other relatives to assist him.


She said that Spiderman told her about all his emotional and physical pains in getting treatment. I asked if I can talk to him and with his approval I was able to get his number.

I called Spiderman and he told me his story. He said that he belonged to another treatment hub but since he didn't like the process of going from building to building, and it was hard for him and his 70 year old aunt, he decided not to pursue the his labs and treatment there. He also said that it was too far from his place as he lives in the south area. Luckily, a friend told him to transfer to RITM-ARG and the friend said that RITM-ARG is like a one stop shop. Everything is already there.

I gave him hope about his treatment. I told him that RITM-ARG will help him, that the staff all have good hearts to help. I told him too that I would assist him so he can get medical treatment for his expensive medicines. He cried over the phone but I told him he needs to smile from now on.

He got confined the following day in RITM hospital and the staff of RITM-ARG helped him out so he can get his expensive medicines. He was diagnosed to have CMV Retinitis and Hepa B. In the hospital he was given treatment.

Everyday I would call him to check on him since I know he can't read. I was surprised the other day when he started texting me. I called him and he told me that now he can see money bills and can read text messages. I told him that things are getting better for him and that he should be happy now. He was so grateful to all the staff of RITM-ARG for all their help especially Ate Beth who has been there for him all the time that he needs her.

Life is good and Spiderman can attest to that. His experience is proof that "no PLHIV is alone with his struggle with HIV." Although Spiderman hasn't started with his HIV treatment yet, as he still needs to complete his labs, I have faith that everything will be better. Fighting HIV is easy if all of us will support each other. It eases the emotional and physical pain and gives a path of hope to good health and good life.

For you Spiderman, we will always pray that you will get better and that you may keep the courage to fight HIV. You have an entire community of PLHIV's who are here, who will guide you until you can get back on your feet and live the life you ought to be living.




"WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER.
NO PLHIV is alone with his or her struggle with HIV!"

-Pozziepinoy-


© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012

Credits: