Email 125: A Seafarer's Question

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 2:24 PM

Hi 

I'm XXX and I'm a seafarer. We are here in Portugal right now and I just had an unprotected sex the other night, and I'm worried that I may got inffected too. I want to have a test but we are here at sea so I can't get able to have one.

I'm planning to have one when I get home to the Philippines in April next year... 


ok lang ba yung 5months na from exposure saka ako makapag pa test??? (Is it ok that I will take the test 5 months after I had an exposure?) 

I'm always thinking of it and I cannot focus on my job.

Please reply.  I would really appreciate your suggestions guys.. Thanks...


CONTRIBUTOR'S RESPONSE

Hi.

Thank you for your email.

5 months after the exposure is more than the enough time needed for the virus to replicate inside our body. In several biomedical studies, it has been seen that hiv antibodies can already be present in the blood six weeks after the exposure. To be sure, 3 month window period is also being observed. 

RITM Satellite Clinic is always open to provide him HIV Counseling and Testing.

Check out the link: RITM Satellite Clinic


Best regards, 

Phil Tanpoco
Philippine Contributor 



"WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER.
NO PLHIV is alone with his or her struggle with HIV!"

-Pozziepinoy-


© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012

Credits: 
Image by Google Image