Email 127: Go Ahead and Get Tested!

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 6:58 AM

hi Pozzie!

How selfless of you to be sharing information and giving advise to people with HIV or with people who suspect they are HIV positive...I salute you!


Anyway, I am 56 and I had my last unprotected sex december 2002.. or 10 years ago to be exact, with a boyfriend who I lived in for about 2 years. He was younger than I was at that time, a drunkard and it was much later  that I learned that he was in to drugs.  He committed suicide 2003.  Since then, on purpose, i maintained a zero-sex-life.  Except for occasional colds and coughs, I have been generally healthy all those years.  However, for my peace of mind, I feel I need to be tested.   

Please reply

Thanks
XXX

POZZIEPINOY'S REPLY

Hi XXX.

Thank you for your email. Thank you for your heartwarming words. 

My blog used to be my own but now, I am sharing it with people who have the same mission that is to help other people who are confused and who have questions about their health status. I involved them to answer questions and write articles about HIV, HIV testing and treatment and other related topics to inspire, give direction and hope to everyone.

Regarding your concern, even though you are healthy for all those years, I still believe that you should get the HIV/STD tests on a regular basis. I strongly recommend that the tests should be included in your annual medical exam. This doesn't mean that you are doing something that is why you are getting tested but this is to ensure that your health is being assessed in all aspects. 

People are always scared of the test because they always think that people will judge them if they take it. But who cares? It is your health. It is your life. 

Come to think of it, there is no stigma attached to it. The only stigma really, is the stigma that we put to the test itself. If we only think that HIV/STD tests are just regular tests, like regular CBC tests, x-ray, liver function tests and other lab tests, then I bet everybody will do it.

So what are you waiting for? Get tested now or plan to get a good medical check up that includes the HIV/STD tests. Life is good and we should all enjoy it, with vigour, with happiness, with vitality, with a healthy body!

Stay healthy,
Pozziepinoy



"WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER.
NO PLHIV is alone with his or her struggle with HIV!"

-Pozziepinoy-


© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012

Credits: