Email 102: "My CD4 Count is 555"

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 6:02 AM

Dear Pozziepinoy, 

Good day!

Last Sunday, November 4. I was diagnosed in RITM Satellite Clinic in Malate as Positive in HIV-1. Ate Issa immediately referred me to RITM-ARG in Alabang to check my health status which I did. She did not require me to wait for the confirmation of DOH.


In RITM-ARG Alabang, when I saw the result of my CD4 count I was very happy because it is 555. But I should not be complacent because the virus is still within me and it depreciates my immune system gradually. They told me that I still need to complete all my laboratory tests to check if I am 100% healthy. I should return there once I completed the specimens they required. I was told by the doctor that once my CD4 count falls below 350, I am going to take ARV for the rest of my life which I already accepted.

As a POZZIE

No more Gimmicks and alcohol. I’m somewhat blessed because I am not a smoker. I should take multivitamins and Vitamin C, drink at least 8 glasses of water every day and at least 8 hours of sleep, exercise (somewhat advantageous because I am a gym addict), and take all kinds of vaccination because prevention against Opportunistic infections is cheaper than hospitalization. And above all, pray to god and thank him all the time because every day of our life is already a BlessingJ!

RITM-ARG Alabang

All laboratory tests are free (except Viral load) . I did not pay anything except for my registration fee in RITM. Thanks Pozziepinoy for posting the new schedule of their CD4 count. That’s 7:00-8:00AM only every Mon, Tue, Thur and Fri that’s why I’d been there before 7:00AM. The result will be released after 2 hours, but it was discussed to me after lunch already because there are a lot of pozzie people during that day (Monday).

The people behind RITM-ARG were so accommodating and cheerful. I did not get intimidated in approaching them.

So, I’m encouraging those people who were exposed to risky sexual contact to be tested before it’s too late. Face your fear, that’s what I did. Know early and act ASAP!

Special thanks to Pozziepinoy, Ate issa of RITM Satellite Clinic in Malate and RITM-ARG admin and staff. God bless you all..


Gudy2012


"WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER.
NO PLHIV is alone with his or her struggle with HIV!"

-Pozziepinoy-


© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012

Credits: 
Image by FreeDigitalPhotos.net

Tags: HIV Manila, HIV Philippines, AIDS Manila, AIDS Philippines, HIV/AIDS Manila, HIV/AIDS Philippines