Email 103: "I want to Get an HIV Test"

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 6:03 AM
Hi Pozzie,

I found your blog doing some research about HIV/AIDS. I've been wanting to get an HIV test since I believe I may have been exposed to the HIV virus. I just want to know the cost for the test cause in one your blogs it said it was free only to MSM. May I also go directly to RITM in alabang to have the test done at their facility? 

Thanks. Will appreciate the help :)

XXX




POZZIEPINOY'S RESPONSE



Hi XXX,



Thanks for your email.



You can get an HIV test in both RITM Satellite Clinic in Malate and in RITM in Alabang. They are both free for men having sex with men or MSM. There is a fee of P500 for non MSM. 



The difference, however, is that you can get the result of the HIV Test in just 2 hours when you take it in RITM Satellite Clinic, unlike in RITM in Alabang where you have to wait for 2 weeks for the result to come out.



I salute you for taking the step in getting your HIV status. I wish others that others will do the same thing.



Once again thank you for your email. Fee free to email me again if you have other questions.



Also, when you have done your HIV test, please share it to my readers.




Stay healthy,

Pozziepinoy

"WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER.
NO PLHIV is alone with his or her struggle with HIV!"

-Pozziepinoy-


© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012

Credits: