Email 134: Urgently Needing Help

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 8:06 PM

Hi Pozziepinoy.

Pls help me. I was diagnosed HIV positive at Manila hygiene clinic last Nov 13 & still waiting for confirmatory result. I'm not feeling well and I just realized that the symptoms I had since Feb were HIV related. Confirmatory result is having delays for some reasons I don't know. 

Now I humbly seek for an urgent result, CD4 count and medications please. 
I hope you could help me. 


XXX



POZZIEPINOY’S RESPONSE

Hi XXX.

Thank you for your email and for finding my blog.

Regarding your concern, usually the confirmatory result takes around 2-3 weeks to come out.   You can either wait for it or do something about your health right now.

Here's what I can advise you.

I was told before by Dr. Ditangco that even though you don't have your confirmatory result yet, if you feel that you are already sick, you need to see an infectious disease doctor fast. You can go to any of the HIV/AIDS treatment hubs so the doctors there will know what to do with your present condition while you are waiting. However, the hubs won't prescribe the CD4 count test yet or medicines (ARV's) for HIV as they will require the confirmatory result first. 

Bear in mind that with or without the confirmatory result, your current condition or infections will be addressed first so better to take the first step and seek consultation ASAP before your condition worsens.

If you want, you can go to RITM-ARG in Alabang and tell the staff that Pozziepinoy referred you there. I am hundred percent sure that they will assist you.

I hope I was able to answer your concerns. Feel free to email me again if you have other questions.


Stay healthy,
Pozziepinoy

"WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER.
NO PLHIV is alone with his or her struggle with HIV!"

-Pozziepinoy-


© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012

Credits: