Email 101: Glutathione and ARV's

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 8:48 AM

Hello friend,

I used to take glutathione to make me healthy and glowing. Since I started taking ARV, I stopped it due to fear of negative reactions. I have read blogs, journals and articles that ARV can be harmful to the liver in the long run. So, I read further on how to take care of the liver. I found out that glutathione in the liver can make it more powerful. 

Is is advisable to take glutathione supplements?

XXX

POZZIEPINOY'S RESPONSE

HI XXX.

Thank you for your email. 

Glutathione is known for it's antioxidant properties and there are a lot of literature on how it can boost the immune system. However promising it may seem, according to Dr. Ditangco when I asked her about it a year ago, she said that there are no proven facts that it can help with HIV, more so with supplementing the effects of ARV's. You are right about how toxic the ARV's maybe in the liver in the long run, but eating the right kinds of food, exercise and a healthy lifestyle can counteract this instead of taking supplements that may compound our condition. Of course, the best advice that I can give is to still talk to your HIV doctor about it. If he or she said yes, then go ahead and take it. 

Always remember that it is easy to believe what we read and hear but the HIV doctors are expects when it comes to this and the best advice should really come from them.

I hope I was able to answer your concerns. Feel free to email me again if you have other questions.


Stay healthy,
Pozziepinoy


"WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER.
NO PLHIV is alone with his or her struggle with HIV!"

-Pozziepinoy-


© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012

Credits: