Email 133: Feeling Helpless

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 7:43 PM
Good day. 

This is XXX. I feel helpless now. I'm 20 and I'm afraid I was infected by h.i.v. Hindi naman ako nkikipagsex sa kahit sino. Di ko na talaga alam ang gagawin ko, lito-litong na ako. Di ko alam kung saan ako kukuha ng pera pampa consult tsaka gamot. Hope hndi ako infected ng h.i.v. 


Sir, panu po ba mka avail ng free consultation? Helpless na talaga ako. 

(Translation:

This is XXX. I feel helpless now. I'm 20 and I am afraid that I have HIV. I don't have sex with just anybody. I really don't know what to do. I am so confused. I don't know where I will get money for consultation and medicines. I hope I am not infected with HIV.

Sir, how can I avail of the free consultation? I am really helpless) 

Thank you and Godbless.

XXX



POZZIEPINOY’S RESPONSE


Hi XXX.

Thank you for your email and for finding my blog.

I know what you are feeling. I know that you are scared. Let me guide you to the process then.

First, you need to get an HIV test to really know if you have been infected with the virus. You can get it for free in the HIV testing centers that I listed in the topmost part of my blog. Counselling is also free there so no need to worry. 

Second, in case your HIV test result turns out positive, you need to go to any HIV/AIDS Treatment hub nearest your place. I also have a listing of the hubs in one of the tabs on the upper part of my blog. You will be required to have laboratory tests and CD4 count test there. Usually they are free but call the hub of choice first to be sure. I am absolutely sure that lab tests are free in RITM-ARG in Alabang. Also, both doctor's consultation and ARV's (HIV medicines) are free in the treatment hubs. The only thing that would cost you is if you already have infections which will require you to have other specific tests and medications.

For now, focus first on getting the HIV test so you will know what actions you need to do.It is better to be proactive now rather than be worried later on, right?

I hope I was able to answer your concerns. Feel free to email me again if you have other questions.


Stay healthy,
Pozziepinoy


"WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER.
NO PLHIV is alone with his or her struggle with HIV!"

-Pozziepinoy-


© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012

Credits: