Email 111: Where Can I Get a PCR Test

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 8:49 PM

Hi pozzie, 

Do you know where I can take a PCR test for HIV? I am restless out of paranoia. About my HIV status, I tested non-reactive, though I took the test too early (22days). It's inconclusive, I know. I wanted to check my status on a more accurate test like PCR.


Do you know where to get tested? And how accurate and what time (the earliest) should i get PCR test.


Thanks! 
XXX


POZZIEPINOY’S RESPONSE

Hi XXX.

Thank you for your email.

I just talked to Ms. Lean, the medical technologist of RITM-Satellite Clinic and she said that you should enjoy your result for the meantime. The Rapid Test is almost accurate but since you got tested early (22 days post exposure), you should repeat the test 3 months post exposure. If it turns out negative again, repeat the test 6 months post exposure.

Regarding the PCR test, you can get it now (following the 3 months-6 months schedule) in San Lazaro Hospital, RITM in Alabang, Makati Medical Center, St. Lukes Hospital and The Medical City. However, it is pricey. According to Ms. Lean, you will spend not less than P5,000 for the test. It is still your choice if that is a way of calming down your nerves. You can also try getting another HIV test in RITM-Satellite Clinic if you want as the test there is free.

I hope I was able to answer your concerns. Feel free to email me again if you have other questions.


Stay healthy,
Pozziepinoy


"WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER.
NO PLHIV is alone with his or her struggle with HIV!"

-Pozziepinoy-


© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012

Credits: