Email 123: I'm Still Too Young!

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 12:36 PM

Good day,

I have a question. Can a person with HIV be eventually cured? I have this feeling that I am HIV positive. I am quite nervous because I’m still too young.

Thanks.



CONTRIBUTOR'S RESPONSE

Hi there,

Right now, there is no cure for HIV. However, people with HIV can get treatment. Once a person is confirmed HIV positive, a whole set of laboratory exam is done to determine the general health of the person. Treatment can also include free antiretroviral drugs (ARVs), depending on the status of your immune system.

But in your case, the most important thing for you to do right now is to get yourself tested. I encourage you to get an HIV test in RITM Satellite in Malate. You can get your result in as early as two hours, and it is given for free.

Please remember that early diagnosis is the key to getting better treatment. Take that step to know your HIV status.

Email me back when you have any more concern. Thanks.


Stay healthy,

Pinoy Positive
Philippine Contributor



"WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER.
NO PLHIV is alone with his or her struggle with HIV!"

-Pozziepinoy-


© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012

Credits: