Email 90: OFW Needs ARV Supply

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 10:37 AM

Hi Pozziepinoy,

I just came across your blogs and it really struck me.  I am a PLHIV like you but I'm just new to it.  I've been struggling for months now as I'm battling with this condition.  

I had my treatment with SLH for 3 months now but I am having problems because I have to go to the treatment hub every month to replenish my ARV drugs.  The saddest part is I'm based overseas so I have to go back to the Philippines every month.  I am planning to transfer hub as I read from your blogs that I could get 3 months supply of ARV in RITM. Do you think is it possible for me to do so?

Also, I was inspired by you and I want to join in your advocacy of educating others.  I'm planning to go back to the Philippines soon and I want also to help others.  Would you know any organization or groups that I can join?  It really feels good to have support from fellow PLHIV.


XXX


POZZIEPINOY'S RESPONSE

Hi XXX,

Thank you for your email. Thank you for finding my blog. 

Everybody with HIV has a different struggle and has a different way of adjusting. I know you will find your own way. In my case, I rechanneled all my energies to making myself strong physically and emotionally. I also resorted to helping our indigent PLHIV's in the Philippines to get medical assistance and resorted to blogging which has become my outlet. For just one year, I can say that even though I am a PLHIV, I was able to surpass the most difficult times and like millions out there, I am one, who is just enjoying and living a healthy and productive life while waiting for the cure.

Regarding your concern, yes, RITM-ARG can help you with your ARV's. I know the hearts of the entire staff headed by Dr. Ditangco, and I am pretty sure that they will help you with your supply. They have helped a lot of OFW's before and as I wrote in my blog, they can furnish you with 3 months or even 6 months supply as needed.

If you have made the decision of transferring to RITM-ARG, I can assist you. Please furnish a copy of your previous records (HIV confirmatory and labs and ARV prescription) when you go there so the transfer would be easy. Please email me your contacts so I can easily assist you.

Regarding your desire to join an advocacy group, you have to choose which one you would want to join. You can join HIV awareness, prevention and education organizations and I can recommend a lot. You can also join us The Love Fund Group and help find donors to help our indigent PLHIV's who are seeking medical assistance. It's your call. Just let me know what your heart would desire the most.

I hope I was able to answer your questions. Feel free to email me again if you have other concerns. 


Stay healthy,
Pozziepinoy




"WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER.
NO PLHIV is alone with his or her struggle with HIV!"

-Pozziepinoy-


© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012

Credits: