Email 132: Worried Woman

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 7:22 PM
Hello Pozziepinoy.

By the way I'm XXX.  I just really want to know what's going on. 



I had a blood test for HIV last week and my doctor told me to go back tomorrow for more blood test. Am I HIV positive that's why they ask more blood? Please reply me just really worried.

XXX


POZZIEPINOY'S REPLY

Hi XXX.

Thank you for your email.

I understand your concern so let me tell you how it works. 

Once you got tested for HIV, the result is immediate raging from a few hours to a day. The doctor or the medical professional in charge of the test will hand the result immediately in case the test turns our negative. However, if there is a question about the result of the test, meaning it turns out positive, your blood sample will be sent to San Lazaro Hospital or RITM to get tested again using the Western Blot Test for confirmation. Usually one has to wait for 2-3 weeks before the final result comes out.

Now, if your doctor wants to see you, then you need to see him or her ASAP so you will know what to do next. It is hard to speculate but better to get the real reason why you are adviced to see your doctor.

I hope I was able to answer your question. Please feel free to email me again if you have other concerns.


Stay healthy,
Pozziepinoy



"WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER.
NO PLHIV is alone with his or her struggle with HIV!"

-Pozziepinoy-


© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012

Credits: 

Tags: HIV Manila, HIV Philippines, AIDS Manila, AIDS Philippines, HIV/AIDS Manila, HIV/AIDS Philippines