Email 228: ARV Concerns

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 3:04 PM
Hi Pozziepinoy,

Question. Super late ko nainom ung arv ko kanina. Mga 2hrs late po. Sa
tingin nyo po hnd  na eeffect ang gamot ko. Bka hindi na gumana laban
sa HIV.

Thank you.

XXX

TRANSLATION:


Hi Pozziepinoy.

I have a question. I took my ARV's super late. About 2 hours late. Do you think my ARV's won't work anymore? Maybe it won't work against the HIV anymore.

Thank you.


POZZIEPINOY'S REPLY


Hi XXX.

Thank you for your email. 

I know we are all warned by our HIV doctors to follow precisely what they tell us to do especially in taking the medicines. However, of course, there are times that we forget the exact time and we become late in taking our ARV's. It happened to me once and when I asked Dr. Ditangco about it, she said that I must take my ARV's as soon as possible.  She added that if we keep on being late in taking our ARV's we would not know the long term effects of them to our virus.

One time is ok. However, we must stick to the rules of adherence to our ARV's and that is to take it at exactly the same time everyday.

                                        
I hope I was able to answer your concerns. Feel free to email me again if you have other questions.


Stay healthy,
Pozziepinoy







"WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER.
NO PLHIV is alone with his or her struggle with HIV!"

-Pozziepinoy-






© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012

Credits: