Email 670: On Getting a Tattoo

Posted by Pozziepinoy on 6:40 AM

I am a PLHIV and on ARV with no OI... Thank GOd!

I am planning to have a tattoo. I am will to disclose to ta tattoo artist anyways. I just want to know if it is ok? If you can ask your friends na doctor if allowed ba....

Thank you!

POZZIEPINOY’S RESPONSE

Hi there.

Thank you for your email.

Yes you can have a tattoo. Just make sure that:

1. You indeed tell the tattoo artist that you are HIV positive so he can satinize his instruments after your session to prevent the spread of HIV to others.

2. You check how the tattoo artist sanitises his instruments prior to your session so you won't get any infections.

3. Educate your tattoo artist that HIV can be transmitted by exchange of blood so he or she must take extra precautions in sanitizing his instruments properly.

I hope I was able to answer your concerns. Feel free to email me again if you have other questions.


Stay healthy,
Pozziepinoy







"WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER.
NO PLHIV is alone with his or her struggle with HIV!"

-Pozziepinoy-



Want to be ASSISTED for the HIV TEST?? 
Check this link:


If you have comments or questions, please click this link:





© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by Pozziepinoy 2012

Credits: